The New Plymouth Mountain Bikers club aims to grow the number of mountain bikers in Taranaki through regular rides, races and events and building and advocating for more MTB trails in the region.
Joining the club will give you a group of people to go riding with, access to skills workshops, trail information, group rides, races and other events as well as help support local trail building and education programmes.
- You’ll be entitled to a user account on this website which enables you to post to the Forums, comment on Blog postings, and access any Member Only Content.
- You’ll get discounted entry to races we run.
- You’ll get access to skills workshops.
- You’ll become part of the local mountain bike community which will give you a group of people to go riding with.
- You’ll be contributing (through your membership sub) to local trail building and education programmes.
- You’ll be able to go on club social trips such as the club trip to Rotorua for a weekend of riding in The Redwoods – Whakarewarewa Forest.
- You’ll be able to go on club competition trips (where we have both social and competitive teams).
New Plymouth Mountain Bikers is affiliated to Mountain Bike NZ for 2019 and so to Cycling New Zealand, so your membership extends to New Zealand’s national cycling bodies. Mountain Bike New Zealand (MTBNZ) are the national body for mountain biking in New Zealand and are responsible for leading the development and growth of both competitive and recreational mountain biking. Our affiliation with CyclingNZ provides the club with comprehensive liability insurance cover.
- Family Membership $60
- Senior Membership $45 (18 years of age and older)
- Junior Membership $20 (under 18 years of age)
- Supporter – Minimum donation of $20
How to Join
Please read the Membership Terms & Conditions and our Privacy Information then to join the club; either download an application form to print or fill-in the online application form. Our TSB Bank account number is: 15 3949 0294264 000 (please include your surname in the Reference details).